Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy HALF A YEAR Birthday Sweet Girl!

Today marked six-months since we welcomed our sweet Sophie into this world.  SIX MONTHS! 

Was it an exciting morning?  Did we wish her a Happy Birthday and tell her what a big girl she was becoming?  Did I tear up knowing my baby is growing up too fast?  Yes, yes, and YES!  It is simply unfathomable to me that six months has already gone by.  Six months since I walked into an operating room.  Six months since I held her for the first time.  Six months since our lives were forever changed.  Six months since we fell more head over heels in love with a person than I could even know imaginable.  Six months since our family of four (yes, the dogs count) became a family of five.  And it has been the most amazing six-month journey of my entire life.  I wouldn't trade one second of it for the entire world.

Sweet Sophie ~

How can I possibly say everything that you are doing now?  Everyday it seems like there is something new you've done or experienced!  But here goes my feeble attempt...

At SIX months (I still can't figure out why this mile marker seems to be so BIG!  Seven, eight months even ~ I don't think I will have such a difficult time with.  But this SIX month thing...it is BIG.  And yes, it requires capitalization because in my head everytime I say or think it, it is BIG!  But I digress as usual!).  So back on track, at SIX months you are...
  • Wearing 3-6 month bottoms, 6-month onesies and tops, and 3-6 month dresses
  • Don't have many shoes as you like your piggies to be free, so I don't know for sure what size shoe you are.
  • Are in Size 2 diapers.
  • Still take a 6 oz bottle every 3-4 hours.
  • Have moved up from Level 1 baby food to Level 2.  This you seem to greatly appreciate and have loved everything we've tried so far (green beans and rice, sweet potato and chicken, banana and apricot medley).
  • Do not like coke, lemonade or tea.  Yes, I did it ~ I gave her a taste from a straw.  So sue me!  If only I had had a camera to capture the lemonade face ~ absolutely priceless!
  • Smile a huge, perfect smile when you get picked up from daycare.  I love that you recognize us and react in such a loving way.  In that split second, you make both of our hearts melt.  I'm so blessed that most of the time, it is me who gets to pick you up and witness that moment of pure joy!
  • Love your exersaucer. 
  • Still play on your playmat, though you typically roll away to something more interesting (aka the hearth, the tv cabinet, the dogs, Annie's toys, etc) within a few minutes.
  • Have finally figured out that your Jumperoo is actually really fun and do more jumping than spinning.
  • Cannot stand to sit still unless you are in the car or sleepy.  Otherwise you are a bouncing, rolling, trying to crawl machine!
  • Are an excellent sleeper, though you tend to wake up a little fussy around 3:30 every morning.  Can we reset your internal alarm clock please?  Thankfully, a pacifier or getting in bed with us (last resort) seems to rectify the situation pretty quickly.
  • Still sleep with your Lovey and a sound machine.
  • Don't understand why George doesn't like to come around you.  While he loves you, the hair pulling hurts Sweetie!  Annie on the other hand ~ now you two are the best of friends :)  Kisses galore!
  • Enjoy being around other kids at school, in the nursery, at playgroup...fascinating I tell you!  I promise I can hear you thinking..."How do they get around like that?" 
  • Still love your baths and have figured out how messy much fun splashing can be!  Oh and toys, LOVE bath toys!
  • Obsessed with your feet and constantly put them in your mouth.  Gross child, gross.  At least your feet are fairly clean...
  • Find faces, hair, glasses, necklaces and now earrings fascinating ~ and pretty much pull on them any time you have the chance.
  • Have begun trying to suck your thumb...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Please no!
  • Officially had your first cold :( 
  • Sit like a pro!  I am such a proud Mommy :)
  • Are going to be crawling very soon ~ hence, the massive amount of child-proofing supplies recently purchased.
  • Love Stroller Strides.  Would love running group too if Mommy took you.  Seemed like a good idea in theory, but running 2-3 miles is hard enough without pushing around an extra 30ish pounds.
  • Experienced your first park playdate ~ happily experienced I might add.
  • Wake up every morning as happy as can be! 
  • Are a Cuddlebug when you want to be.
  • Have a million and one nicknames, ok not that many but they do all start with Peanut.  Peanut, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Peanut Brittle.  Don't ask me why because I have no idea!  It started in the womb and has manifested into something totally crazy!  The sad part is...you sort of respond to all of them :)  Good thing you respond to Sophia and Sophie too! 
  • And last but certainly not least, remind us everyday how very blessed we are to be your Mommy and Daddy :)
We love you Sweet Angel!

Always and Forever,
Mommy and Daddy





3 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

I remember that day 6 months ago so vividly...not only did your mom and dad fall in love with you, so did your Aunt Jaime and Uncle James. Love you sweet Sophie and am so proud of you and your many accomplishments!!! We are so thankful to be a part of your life!

Holly said...

AHHH! She has grown (least looks like it) since I last saw her! And oh that smile! I know she is going to be mobile very soon- have fun baby- proofing! I cannot wait to see you guys again! Hugs to everyone! ( and I tried to explain to Logan to about George, just throw the ball- and George will be happy to know Logan is getting very good at throwing balls)

The Taliaferro Family said...

Aunt Jaime ~ She loves you too! We even got a special onesie just for you today :) Pics to come soon!

Holly ~ We can't wait to see you guys either! George will be thrilled to know that you are training Logan to be his newest best friend :)