Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~ Author Unknown
I have said this before and I will say it again. I will strive to never, ever take for granted the blessings I have been given from the Lord. I know so many people who have never had the opportunity to meet their grandparents, to have them at their weddings, to have them witness the birth of their own children. For me ~ I have been blessed. Not only do I have grandparents who have witnessed these treasured moments with me, but I have a great-grandmother who has celebrated with me as well. And let me be clear, when you are 95 years-old and dancing to Brick House at your great-granddaughter's wedding, you are still a force to be reckoned with! Oh, how very grateful I am for that memory ~ it is a memory that will live in my heart forever and one that never fails to bring a smile to my face.
So Mawmaw, for 100 years and counting, you have blessed this earth with your smile, your love, your joy, your heart, your life. You have instilled wisdom, taught recipes, shared in life's up and downs, laughed with us and wiped our tears. You have truly made this world a better place. It is an honor to be your great-granddaughter. And it is an even bigger honor to share my precious Sophie with you. Thank you for being the heartbeat of our family! You are loved more than you could ever, ever know.
Let the celebration begin!
Five Generations! Is this a crowd or what?!
The Great-Great Grandkids (Missing two + A Bun in the Oven ~ provided I didn't accidentally leave someone out of the count.)
The Great-Grandkids (Missing two ~ same disclaimer as above.)
Grandkids
Forever Friends
Cake Time!
Still able to cut her own cake! Watch out ~ told you she's a force to be reckoned with :)
Mawmaw & Sophia Grace
Holly, Me, Paisley and Sophie
Cousins! Paisley loved the "baby"...
And the "baby" loved Paisley's shoes :)
Somehow I think this fascination with shoes is going to haunt my life for oh, another 18 years!
Added another cousin :)
Autumn, Paisley and Sophie
And yet, more cousins!
Aiden, Autumn, Alice and Sophie
Papa John and Sophie
(Can you tell how exhausted she is?! Such a trooper my kiddo!)
I love my family! It was a great time for an even greater occasion. Happy 100th Birthday Mawmaw!!! We love you!








1 comment:
How exciting! Happy birthday Mawmaw!!! Great pics :-)
Post a Comment