Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 28, 2013

Seven Came Too Soon!

The post cracks me up!  Apparently months ago, I tried to be productive...see the paragraph below.   You see how far that got me :)  Here I was, sooooooo proud of myself for actually writing a post in my attempt to catch up.  Sure would have been beneficial if I had actually posted it!  Now, months later, in my SECOND attempt at catching up on the blog, I notice a "draft" post and think, hmmm...that's a cute title!  And what do you know, a whole post already written and just waiting on a seven month picture at the bottom.  So, now, "Seven Came Too Soon" is more like "Seven Came & Went Too Soon" :)  At any rate, at least I had a good laugh at myself!

Disclaimer:  Before you even read this post, it might seem slightly similar to the previous month post.  Why?  Oh because Mommy got a wee bit ahead of herself and basically combined six and seven months.  The benefit:  It didn't take me nearly as long to get this posted.  The con:  Now I have to go back and edit the six month to make it accurate.  Now you know what happens when I try to be productive :)

Either way, I love documenting my sweet baby's milestones.  She continues to amaze me every single day.  It is the greatest blessing of my life to be their mom.

Lilah Bear, at seven months, you...
  • Are in size 2 diapers and size 6 month clothes
  • Nurse about 5 times a day, have 2-3 meals and an afternoon snack.
  • Sleep from around 7:30pm-6am...give or take a half hour or so.  You still wake up sometimes but not to eat.  Generally, you just want to be held, and I get suckered in every. single. time. 
  • Received your first taste of baby yogurt...no going back now!
  • Had your first store bought baby food.  Mainly because it was in the cabinet and it was handy.  Also, because it had meat mixed in, and I wanted to see what you thought.  You like it, but you also spit up a lot afterwards :/
  • Love feeding yourself and get quite irritated when Mommy is going too slow.
  • Working on baby sign language.  Hopefully you will start to show understanding over the next couple of months.  Because frankly, this screaming for "more" is just not going to work for me!
  • Visited Santa's Wonderland with friends
  • Sat on Santa's lap and looked at Sissy all crazy while she screamed bloody murder.
  • Celebrated your first Christmas and New Years.
  • Decided that presents and tissue paper are pretty cool.
  • Still have serious stranger danger, especially with men.
  • Make the FUNNIEST face...I have video and it is priceless!  I still laugh just thinking about it.
  • Have discovered your tongue and like to stick it out.
  • Had your first wagon ride and had the time of your life.  We have video of this too!  (On that note, believe it or not, I do actually have tons of pictures and videos, just no time to post anything!)
  • Enjoy the park and giggle when you go down the baby slide with Mommy.  Priceless moments!
  • Are STILL without a doubt teething. Don't worry, it took your sister a long time to actually get a tooth in!  I promise they are coming!!!
  • Still pull hair :/  Not sure how to stop this one...
  • Learned to crawl on 1/6 and haven't slowed down since.  Rather you have already, in just a few day span, figured out this newest milestone allows you to pretty much get whatever you want without having to wait on Mommy.  And yes, this does include a few things you aren't actually allowed to play with :/  
  • On that note, you are into EVERYTHING!  You love to go after 1) necklaces (which are a no-no), 2) bracelets, 3) Soph's prized baby and 4) pretty much anything else your sister is playing with at the time.  However, to be fair, she pretty much wants everything you have too.  Oh, how early it starts :/
  • Are trying to figure out how to go from crawling to sitting position.  One more shove with your arm and you'd have it!
  • Can almost pull up.  You have been successful once but that must have just been a fluke (also on 1/6...it was a big day for you!).
  • Hate socks.  I think it's a game to see exactly how fast you can pull them off.
  • Love when Daddy comes home.  I'm sure I do get boring after a while!
  • Aren't a big fan of your swing anymore.  I think it's about time to take it down :(
  • Still like the exersaucer but not as much as before.  I think you dislike the confinement.  I wish we had a jumperoo for you.  However, the only one we have is a doorway one and that just doesn't seem safe with an almost three year old playing little mommy :/
  • Peek-a-boo is your favorite game of all time!  Nothing gets a laugh quite like that peek-a-boo :)
  • Talk or coo yourself to sleep most of the time.  The other times, you pretty much scream yourself to sleep.  Thankfully, it doesn't last a long time.  Cry it out has never been one of Mommy's strong points.
  • At your sister's insistence have started giving her good night hugs and kisses.  Basically a hair "tug" and a slobbery kiss on the cheek.
  • Have the happiest squeal, and I will do just about anything to make you laugh...even if I look ridiculous.
  • Have the eyes of an angel and a smile that would melt even the hardest heart.
You are our precious peanut and we love you more than words.  Always and forever angel.  To the moon and back!

Love always, 
Mommy, Daddy and SoSo

No comments: