Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

To Bean #2

Sweet baby, I know it's been a couple weeks since I wrote to you, but please don't think that is because we haven't been thinking about you!  I think about you every single second of the day ~ especially when I'm sick or having awful indigestion :)  But truth be told, I wouldn't trade one symptom for anything in the world.  I love every one of them with all my heart ~ here is why...

On October 24th, I truly thought we were losing you.  I spotted only once with your sister and that was at 26ish weeks or so...but NEVER this early.  My heart was broken into a million pieces and yet, I knew the Lord was in control of whatever we were being dealt.  Your Daddy, called the doctor who called back and said to come in and let's see what was going on.  While Daddy took your sister to school, your Aunt Jaja was my rock (as always).  She drove me to the doctor and sat with your Daddy and I the entire time.  And can I just tell you, when we saw your sweet perfect heartbeat on the monitor, I'm not sure there was one dry eye in the room.  You were perfectly fine and healthy!  Praise the Lord...our sweet baby was just perfect.

I can't remember too many moments in my life where my I truly felt that sense of intense relief, joy, happiness and unconditional love.  It didn't matter what the doctor told me at that point - if I had to sit still for the next 33 weeks, I would do just that.  You were my baby and you were ok...nothing else mattered.

It was also on this day that your grandparents and aunts/uncles found out about you.  We needed prayers and we knew they would stop everything and anything to pray for you because they too love you with all their hearts.

A week later, we had a follow-up appointment to make sure you were growing just as you should be and the Lord continued to bless us beyond words.  You were measuring exactly 8 weeks 1 day which is exactly what you should have been at that point!  I go back in two weeks, on November 17th, for another follow-up and while there is always a bit of nervousness, based on the growth and symptoms and of course my mother's instinct, I truly believe you are absolutely ok.

Speaking of growth - WOWZERS!  I know Dr. Tran said that I would show faster...but still...I had NO idea.  I feel like I look now, at nine weeks, the same as I did at 15/16 weeks the first time.  Still worth it though, ABSOLUTELY worth it!

On another note, we welcomed two of your future friends into the world this past Saturday (November 5th).  I can't wait for you all to grow up together.  I am sure the four of you (plus any additional babies to come in the future) will all be the best of friends.  Oh sure, you will fight, rough house, get on each other's nerves...but at the end of the day, I know you will remember that you all love each other and would do anything you can for one another.  That's what families and friends do.  And you sweet Bean, are unbelievably blessed with so many people who will support you, believe in you, and most importantly love you.  

But know this, no one other than the Lord, will ever love you the way your Mommy and Daddy do.  You are our sweet baby, and we will always, always, always, ALWAYS love you!  

Hugs, kisses and all the love in the world,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

God is good! Soooo thankful that bean is growing strong and that I was able to get a glimpse of that sweet little thing!! :)